The 1772 Foundation, based in Connecticut, works to ensure the safe passage of our historic buildings and farmland for future generations. It is named in honor of its first restoration project, Liberty Hall in New Jersey, which was built in 1772. The 1772 Foundation plays a leading role in promoting HPRPs, also known as revolving funds, nationwide.
The $35,000 grant that the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation received will be invested into 65 Phila Street, the first property to be rehabilitated under the Foundation’s new Historic Property Redevelopment Program.
Last year, the Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation purchased the 1851 Alexander A. Patterson House, which is important because of its associations with early development of the city, spring waters, and the Jewish community. The Foundation will complete environmental abatement, make structural repairs, and complete an exterior restoration prior to selling it to someone who will complete the interior rehabilitation and be a good steward for years to come.